A colorful flowerbed or a beautifully decorated balcony make for a very special experience in the warm season. So that you succeed, Plant bulbs properly, so that they then shine in their full splendor next spring, please note the following:
- When buying onion flowers please make sure that the onions have no bruises or discoloration. Avoid also copies that have already expelled strongly.
- Flower bulbs and tubers are best planted in October.
- At plant depth, there is a simple rule: put each onion twice as deep as it is high.
- A space-saving, effective method is the so-called floor planting. It is set over the large onions of tulips and daffodils, for. Early flowering smaller onion flowers such as snowdrops or crocuses. This works wonderfully in larger pots on the balcony and terrace.
- The right location should be chosen before the planting of bulbous flowers, because depending on the species, they have different requirements to shine in all their splendor. Please pay attention to whether your favorite flowers prefer a sunny or shady location, so as not to be disappointed later.
- If you want to plan a spring meadow, wild forms such as winterlings, crocuses, blue oysters, but also narcissi are available, which multiply themselves and become denser over time. A natural planting picture is created by ejecting a handful of onions and digging them where they are left by chance.
- Please do not cut off the leaves of the bulbous flowers after flowering in spring, but let them grow in slowly.
- If you have multi-annual flower bulbs that are particularly delicate and can not hibernate outside in the garden, it is advisable to gently remove them from the soil, gently cleanse them and store them in a dry and well-ventilated place at your home. For the next season, you could then put the flowers back and look forward to their next bloom.