When preparing a fondant cake, you would have to arm yourself first with patience. Are you trying to remember the phone number of the cake delivery? Stay with us, because together we go through the individual preparation steps. In no time you will have finished your cake with fondant decoration, which is actually the icing on the cake of any solemn occasion. Here we go:
Have you ever tried to make a sophisticated cake for the convivial family celebration? Was that an interesting experience for you? Do you find that dough kneading and rolling are complex compared to the rest of the preparation process?
What is special about the preparation of fondant? He needs a good quantity of powdered sugar. Thus, the fondant mass will look malleable malleable, without being sticky. If you are not sure about the consistency, cut the fondant and test the middle. Malleable? It's good.
When rolling the fondant occasionally small cracks could arise. When this happens, fold the corners towards the center and roll out the fondant mass. The cracks are eliminated with it.
Finally, you will achieve a smooth, professional finish with the help of coconut oil.
As you know the little peculiarities, read the necessary ingredients;
Homemade cake perfect with chocolate fudge
A just baked bottom is a must for the fondant cake
For the fondant:
200 grams of marshmallows (white)
30 grams of chocolate drops
1 ½ tbsp water
400 grams of sugar powder
2.5 t of cocoa powder
1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
For the cake:
340 grams of all-purpose flour
65 grams of corn or potato starch
¼ tsp salt
1 teaspoon Baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup unsalted butter
2 cups of sugar
3 big eggs
3 big yolks
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipped cream, chilled
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup of chocolate drops
- ½ cup heavy whipped cream
For the fondant:
- Mix cocoa powder and icing sugar together. Put aside.
Sugar sweet marshmallows are melted together with the chocolate drops in a water bath
- Add marshmallows, chocolate drops, and 1 tbsp of water to the bain-marie. Bring the water to a boil. Chocolate drops and marshmallows start to blend together, mixing the ingredients well. Let uniform mass cool for 5 minutes.
Make fondant from cocoa powder and powdered sugar
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Stir the mixture, if necessary knead until the powdered sugar is completely incorporated. If the fondant still feels friable, add ½ tbsp water. The roll fondant should not be sticky, not even in the middle. Round the shape of the fondant mass and coat the surface with coconut oil. Wrap fondant in plastic wrap and put aside.
Form the fondant mixture into a flat ball and brush with coconut oil
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Spray two springforms 20cm in diameter with baking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set the mixture aside.
The cake mix is processed with unsalted butter
- Use a stirrer or hand blender to froth sugar and butter (about 5 minutes).
- Mix eggs and vanilla extract in separate bowl. Add to the stirred butter / sugar mixture and mix well. Now add ½ tablespoon flour and stir. Add the remaining flour and stir.
For the butter-sugar mixture, a food processor must be used
- If necessary, beat the cream without cream stabilizer in a separate bowl. Add 1/3 of the cream to the mixture. Stir in the remaining cream in the same way. Fill the dough with a spoon into the springform molds. Bake for 40-50 minutes, if necessary perform the toothpick test. Allow the cake to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from the springform pan and place in the refrigerator.
For the ganache:
- Heat the cream and chocolate drops in the bain-marie until they melt. Remove from heat, continue stirring with hand mixer until cool, collect and brighten.
- Smooth the protruding parts of the fully cooled cake with a serrated knife. Place one of the cakes on your platter and brush with half the glaze. Place the second cake on top and repeat the process.
- Roll a ball out of the fondant mass with a diameter of 35 centimeters. Cast coconut oil again. Roll the fondant onto a wooden roller and gently wind it over the cake. Now start smoothing it on one side of the cake. Use a knife to cut off excess fondant. Decorate further according to your personal taste.
This cake makes a lot of fun despite the high time required! Do not forget to tell us your version of the fondant cake. We are looking forward to your cooking and baking ideas!