In each house there are certain places that get less than desired daylight. Nevertheless, one tends to emphasize the sunny places, while the darker ones remain rather ignored. Heavy curtains, dark carpets and inappropriate wall paint may further accentuate the darkness in the rooms.
How do we present our living spaces in the best light? We collected 10 inspirational tips.
- Skilfully insert curtains. For privacy or aesthetics, the textiles should not cover the windows, obstructing the falling light. Also, make sure that the curtain rods are long enough for the curtains to be close to the washer in the window frame can be attached.
Good lighting is an important factor in interior design
- Put on the Scandinavian decor style. The simple living designs, often in white nuances, compensate for a possible lack of natural light. By the way, some deco items in black compensate for the severe look and add a subtle two-tone touch.
White color makes the interior immediately brighter
- Rely on mirrors for optical room enlargement. The large mirror reflects the light in an otherwise dark room. You may place it opposite or diagonally from the window for optimal effect.
The living room is enlarged and brightened by the wall mirror
- Create lightness. If you have to expect outside views, get white Roman cotton or linen blinds. So you do not give up on the light falling into the room.
White Roman blinds provide privacy in this classic living room
- How about transparent curtains, instead of heavy curtains? These gauzy home textiles give the room an elegant effect without blocking the light. The best way is the rail directly to the ceiling be screwed so that the curtains are perfectly fluently in nice folds fall.
White walls and transparent curtains for a dreamlike look
- The effectively designed lighting is an essential part of the interior. Think of a combination of lamps in different places in the room and maybe install dimmers. This creates a pleasant ambience in which the lights are used as symmetrical accessories.
Table lamps provide homely accent lighting
- If your living room is facing south or west, but the dining room is north or east, you could make it a single spacious room. You will enjoy more light in the morning and in the afternoon!
Large bright room consisting of living and dining room
- Put on glass doors. They are modern and let a lot of light come in the rooms.
Glass doors provide more light and width
- In addition to wall mirrors, the shimmering metal in the form of furniture or decorative items sets great accents. The chic coffee tables add elegance to this trendy living room, especially in contrast to the soft upholstery.
Trendy home accessories made of metal reflect the daylight skilfully
- If you prefer to avoid neutral colors, you could put on some high quality, easy-care textiles in white - they bring brightness.
Home textiles in bright colors are airy and pleasant
Hopefully these tips were helpful to you and you can implement them in your home. Let us know!