Hey ladies and gents! I'm all about being true to yourself and letting your inner beauty shine but there are just some beauty things that I do that are super weird, yet effective, that I just had to share them with you! I'm joining up with Ginny at Modern Commonplace Book who is hosting a giveaway with some awesome ladies: Kendra at Open Spaces, Chelsea at Lost in Travels, Sarah at Limited Space Organizing, & Jacquelyn at Just Jacq. I'd encourage you to check them out and enter the giveaway below (of course after reading my beautification tricks).
1. Deodorant on my feet. YUP. You read that correctly. I know that it sounds nuts but I hate having blisters on my feet when I wear heels for the night. I'm talking about for those long days at work or evening weddings where there is no way that I'm getting off the dance floor. And I'm no wimpy girl who takes off their shoes to dance, I'm tough. Thanks to deodorant . I apply my traditional deodorant to the sides, heels and tops of my toes where I know they are going to get sweaty and start to bark after a few hours. Surprisingly, it works! And it is easy for travel because you should be packing deodorant anyway.
2. Exfoliating then shaving my legs with conditioner . YUP. I buy the cheapo coconut conditioner for shaving my legs. But I make sure to exfoliate before running the razor up my stems. I have been using the St. Ives knockoff from Target for years. In fact, it is still the same bottle. [Oh yeah. I just said that!] Anyway, I rub that apricot scrub vigorously all over my legs, rinse that off and start the shave-a-thon. My legs are smooth and the shave lasts about a day longer on average because of exfoliating first.
3. Washing my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar . If you haven't caught on to the no 'poo trend I've been blabbering on about for the last month, then you should come back by the blog more often!! But basically, I've ditched traditional shampoo and conditioner for a more "natural" approach to hair hygiene.
4. Vaseline on my cuticles. I have serious cuticle issues. I wear gloves and wash my hands all day at work so who would be surprised that I may pick at them in an OCD fashion? Well, I was talking to my Vietnamese friend at the nail salon and she recommended wearing Vaseline at night. You can put socks on over your hands to "seal" in the moisture or just go bare handed like I do. Anyway, in the morning, my cuticles look their best! And a jar of Vaseline is cheap!!
5. Toothpaste on my pimples. Somehow I wasn't a few pimply teenage but when I would get the occasional red lump, my beautician friend told me to put some toothpaste on it. Use a thin layer for when you wear makeup because it will cake up like crazy but at night, who cares? I find white colored toothpaste to work better than any blue that I've tried. Sounds crazy, eh?
What are some of your wackiest beauty habits?