How are those New Year's Resolutions going for you? I know, I had to dust off some mental space to recall what I was supposed to be working on too! Check out my original New Year's Post as well as my January and March updates. In my book, it is never too late to start over. And like many inspirational quotes tell me, it is better to overcome my mental block and go for it because I'll never regret trying!
1. One for health: I am going to continue my pursuit of a better me by increasing my exercise habits, reducing my sugar intake, cutting carbs and substituting tea for coffee after 8 a.m. I will be working on staying hydrated throughout the day keeping my tummy full and my system clean.
2. One for wealth: This year I resolve to reduce my frivolous spending on clothes, coffee, snacks and groceries. All savings will be set aside and left untouched. Mr. Collier and I are hoping to save enough to get a down payment on our first home in the coming year or two. That and we may have to make a car purchase if his truck decides to bite the dust.
3. One for me: This year I resolve to spend quality time with the Lord each day in prayer, bible study and prayer journaling. I spent some time throughout the year working on a daily bible verse and devotional in my Christian walk blog but I could always improve in daily renewal in the Spirit.
05/01: Four months have passed and I am not where I want to be on the scale, numbers wise but I am up to 3 BarreAmped classes per week. My clothes still fit and I'm getting compliments on the shape of my arms, which has never happened before! I'm still avoiding high fructose corn syrup, any foods that are highly processed and eating more fresh foods. Caffeine has decreased to one or two cups a day. AND, my favorite thing I've done recently is started to drink a lot more water. If you want some fitness support...join me on My Fitness Pal.
05/01: Financially, I feel much better than last month. I've decreased my spending and upped my savings! Score! I have still relied heavily on the K-cups to get my morning java on. I'm super excited that we are initiating steps to sell the truck! Yup, we will be a one vehicle family...I feel a future blog post coming on! Also, the money that we will earn from selling the truck will meet our first home down payment!!
05/01: I'm so embarrassed! I've done poorly at this goal. Why is God always put in the backseat? That's it! I'm sick of my negligence. I am going to write a weekly devotional post here on my blog all through May to focus my mind and my heart on what is really important, spending time in the Lord's presence.
4. One for humanity: This year I resolve to spend one day per month volunteering and giving my time to those around me. When I moved to Nashville I joined Hands On Nashville to seek out volunteer opportunities but unfortunately, I've never followed through on that one
05/01: I've found a new volunteer opportunity to replace the Second Harvest Food bank food sorting. I am set up to start this Saturday!
5. One for my marriage: This year I resolve to spend less time saying,"yes," to every person and their mother that asks me to be a part of something and spend more time with my husband. And by time, I mean not in front of the T.V. True, quality time. I want my marriage to be as beautiful as my wedding was.
05/01: Mr. Collier and I started taking dance lessons in April! It is our new hobby and has totally brought us closer together!