|TobeMrsCollier Banana Bread|
I had some bananas that had taken that wrong turn and ended up in the freezer. Banana bread is always the go-to in that particular situation for the Colliers. A quick search landed me on Simply Recipes, a blog of tasty recipes if that doesn't completely give away the fact that I loved the banana bread recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 2 to 3 mashed bananas and 1/3 cup of melted butter (use the real thing, don't cheat yourself) with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 couple drips of vanilla extract to the banana mixture. Mix.
- Sprinkle baking soda and a pinch of salt on top of the mixture.
- Add 1.5 cups of flour and mix.
- Pour mixture into a pre-greased pan (I did two so that they would be thinner).
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top of the poured loaves.
- Cook for one hour (20-30 minutes for the half loaves that I made).