Have you ever used Meal Train? MT is this awesome little online scheduler to coordinate meals for new babies, surgery, etc. You send the link to a group of friends and they sign up to bring meals. Simple as that!
The other day, I signed up to bring our friends from church some food after the birth of their daughter [she is sooo cute!!!]. I was looking for a good recipe for this new family which didn't involve too many flavors and aligned with their diet preferences (no tomatoes, peanuts, sugar or pasta). Tough one.
After doing a little research, I decided to make these very simple and yummy spinach burgers. Not only do they fulfill the dietary restrictions as well as being cost effective, but I saved a few for myself to eat throughout the week!
- Saute spinach and diced onion in a skillet with coconut or olive oil.
- Place in KitchenAid blender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Begin to mix while adding the cheese, breadcrumbs and eggs until a "mash" forms.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown both sides of the spinach patty. [after browning you have the option to finish cooking at 350 degrees F. for 5-10 minutes.
- Blot off excess oil. Serve or freeze for later!
Do you have a recipe to share or just some food post that you gushed over a dining experience out?? Join Ashley and Jessica for the #tasteoftuesday!